Where Can You Receive Healthcare Training?
Training for various health careers is available from a variety of institutions. The career you wish to pursue and how you would like to attend classes will affect this decision. Healthcare training is primarily given by these institutions:
- 4 year colleges and universities – These schools offer bachelors and graduate degrees that typically take 4-6 years to earn.
- Vocational and technical schools – These schools offer programs that usually take 6 months to 2 years to complete. Students usually earn a certificate rather than a degree.
- Community colleges – Many community offer programs similar to vocational schools. This often the most affordable option.
- Online colleges – For some careers, it is possible to earn a degree or certificate online.
- Hospitals and medical centers – Many health care facilities also contain schools where students can learn on site.
- For-profit campus schools – Similar to vocational schools, for-profit colleges offer classes on numerous campuses around the country as well as online.