If you are like me, you are always looking for more healthy foods to eat! Here is a list of 10 healthy foods that you can work into your diet and become a healthier person!
1. Berries – Berries are a healthy fruit that are a high in fiber and antioxidants. They provide a great amount of vitamin C which gives all berries a tart and sweet taste. Definitely a great alternative to unhealthy candy bars and other sugary treats.
2. Eggs – A recent study found that when people had eggs & toast for breakfast, they felt much more satisfied than they did eating a normal breakfast food (like a bagel). Eggs are high in protein and can be eaten in many different ways. The yolk contains zeaxanthin and lutein that will help make your eyes more healthy.
3. Beans – Also known as legumes, beans are one of the most common staple foods in the world today. Beans can help boost your brain power with the many anyhtocyanins and antioxidant compounds found within. Eating beans every day can help supply your body with much needed protein and fiber, all in a low-calorie food.
4. Yogurt – For thousands of years people have been eating and agreeing that yogurt is a healthy food. Made up of milk and *healthy* bacteria, yogurt can help boost your immune system and help protect against cancer.
5. Oranges – Of course eating fruits every day is healthy, but oranges are great in that you can also drink them in a nice glass of orange juice! They are an excellent sources of vitamin C which helps produce more white blood cells and help produce skin firming collagen. They also provide the body with high amounts of folate and fiber!
6. Spinach – If you’ve ever seen Popeye, you probably already know that spinach is a very healthy food. While the food probably won’t give you instantly large muscles, it will supply you with vitamins A, C, E, and K! It’s also packed with fiber, calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium. You can eat spinach on your salad or even by itself. Eat more spinach!
7. Oats – Did you know that the FDA’s first food approval was oats. Oats are packed with soluble fiber which helps lower the risk of heart disease. While some may complain about the high amount of carbohydrates — they are exactly what keep our bodies moving. A daily serving of oats also can give the body high amounts of protein!
8. Broccoli – This super vegetable has more vitamin K than your bodies needs in an entire day. It also packs a whopping 200% of the vitamin C needed each day.
9. Walnuts – Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids – more than any other type of nut! The omega-3 nutrients can help fight cancer, improve you mood, and even help against skin cancer by protecting you from the sun!
10. Quinoa – This ancient grain is easy to make, high in proteins & fiber, and also provides natural iron. 50 years ago this might have been difficult to find but these days you can find it in many supermarkets! It can help lower your risk of cancer and diabetes. This is easy to prepare and can be eaten with nuts, vegetables, or meat. Learn more about quinoa at Wikipedia.